Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Why keep punishing ourselves? We are already made PERFECT.

"There is no fear in love. But PERFECT love drives out all fear, because fear has to do with punishment..."
1john 4:18 NIV version
 
This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible yet it is taking years to get it to sink in.  I wonder why. Why do I keep fighting these emotional battles within me, when I don't need to? Even though I am already made perfect in Christ, I keep trying to fight battles; invisible battles...kinda odd, huh?!?!  Boy, I think I have a bit too much time on my hands.  Do you? Well, I believe It is time for a change of thought here.  
 
Join me today opening our hearts and minds up to the possibility that we really are wasting precious time when we fret over our (personal) imperfections. Yes, personal! God doesn't make imperfection, our own minds do! Today, choose something new to fight for.  What will it be for you? I think I will choose to fight for the Lord: loving others, patience, kindness, goodness, mercy, prayer, and joy.  When I start obsessing over my invisible, useless, battles then that is when I am going to let the mind of Christ take over ~ wanna join me?
 
Replace one, two, three, ... of your thoughts with a Godly thought, He has so many great ones to think on.  Whatever invisible battle you are fighting today, join me in replacing a small portion of it with a battle worth fighting for.  If you can only do 1 minute, then that is the first step into victory.  I know that if we do this together - EVERYDAY - then our invisible battles will surely dissappear.  Our lives are on the road to recovering in amazing VICTORY, I just know it.  Hallelujah.
 
You are so amazing. You are victorious. You are beautiful. You ARE a child of God ~ WOW! How awesome our lives are. God loves us so much, so let's choose to live in that love...LET'S CHOOSE LIFE!!!  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment