Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Peace in the darkest parts of our personal storms

"... Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. 
But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
John 16:33 NLV

Unfortunately there are days when we wake up feeling dread, fear, a darkness in our hearts and minds, depressed, a sense of doom, a sense of 'ugliness'; days when we want to crawl back into a hold and hide. Maybe there is a different way to handle these days; maybe it is the way to finally conquer these days. 

Take this personal challenge with me: on our days when we simply dread our lives, our selves, our  circumstances, etc., why don't we try taking a few minutes at bedtime and be still in the the Lord's presence.  Let him minister to our hearts and minds...Let Him whisper some hope and encouragement within our hearts.  He's telling us something when we are in these periods of darkness.  Let's find it.  Let's listen to Him.  Let's make our darkest days become some of our brightest moments; turning points.

Today has been one of these dark days for me, but I refuse to let it stay with me through the night.  When I go to bed tonight, I am going to sleep in His light, in His arms.  He loves me, and I am so excited to hear what he has to say to me.

As these times come into your lives, please feel free to share with me what gets spoken into your life.  Tell me what He says and tell me if it doesn't make you feel better than you thought it would.  
God Bless to all!! 

Peace :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment