Thursday, April 9, 2015

Retaliate against evil with the weapon of goodness!

“Seek (inquire for and require) good and not evil that you may live… Hate the evil and love the good… let justice run down like waters and righteousness as a mighty and ever-flowing stream.” Amos 5:14, 15, 24 AMP

I know you’ve heard this before, but let me say it again, Do not repay evil with evil! Instead, repay evil with good!  Yes, it can be challenging, especially if you are like me, and wonder how a person, government, group, employer, colleague, or family member, etc., can keep getting away with rude, haughty, lewd, crude, wicked, evil behavior and actions.  When I come across people like these, I struggle immensely with becoming critical, judgmental, gossipy, cold, and hateful – all of them being sins in the eyes of God, so I know the way I’m acting isn’t right.  Although, as my relationship grows with Christ, I now quickly notice His firmness as He lays this word on my heart, “Enough!”, which means, I’m walking in sin and it is time to back away and repent.  As challenging as it is, I now try to stop focusing on the bad, and start finding something good about the situation.  I’ve got a long way to go, but I’m way better than I used to be.

What about you?  Do you struggle as well? Well, if so, please join me in continually evolving into the person that Christ is forming us to be; in becoming more like Him every day.  Let’s retaliate against all evil with the weapon of goodness.  I believe that if, and when, we do, more blessings and opportunities will begin to come our way, and God will lift us into a new a new dimension of life that can only be left to our most excellent visions, prayers, and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment