Monday, April 6, 2015

Repair, restoration, renewal

“Fear not, o land, be glad and rejoice… I will restore or replace for you the years the locusts has eaten… And you shall eat in plenty and be satisfied… My people shall never be put to shame.” Joel 2:21, 25, 26

Have you tried something really big in life and it didn’t work out? Something such as: marriage; business; moving to a new city; starting a brand new career; buying a new home, or a new car; etc.?  If so, then let me ask this question, Did you try these things with God at the center of it all, or did you try with you being at the center of it all?  A lot of us can say, Yes, to the fact that we’ve failed, (although we are not failures!), at something really big; and, Yes, to the fact that we were focused on ourselves during the whole process.

Now, I’m not saying some things don’t work out, even if we have God at the center of our life, but I am saying that for most of us, we can admit that our previous endeavors were out of selfish desires, worldly statistics, and idolization of someone or something.  So, if you’re like me, and have tried and failed big time, then stand up, my friend!  Try again!  But, this time, let God lead the way!!  He will lead you to success, and what you lost by your own vices, will be restored many times over and over.  Yes, yes! Try again with God!  I guarantee that because He loves you so much, and loves to give mercy and grace, this time around will be well worth the losses in the past no matter how big they may have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment