Tuesday, January 8, 2019

If you will take the first step...

The Lord turned to him and said, "Go in the strength you save and save Israel out of Midian's hand.  Am I not sending you?"
"But Lord," Gideon asked, "how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest... and I am the least in my family."
The Lord answered, "I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianitesies together...
Peace! Do not be afraid.  You are not going to die."
Judges 6:14-16, 23

Like Gideon, you may be afraid, you may feel weak, you may feel like the challenge before you is impossible; yes, you may already feel defeated.  However, what you feel means nothing compared to who God is and what he can do for you.  Therefore, take that first bold step of faith, no matter how fearful you are, and from there God will carry you forward into victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment