Saturday, April 23, 2016

If you live by my decrees and obediently keep my commandments, I will...

"If you live by my decrees and obediently keep my commandments, I will send rain in their seasons, the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit... you will have more than enough to eat and will safe and secure in your land.  I will make the country a place of peace - you'll be able to sleep at night without fear; I'll get rid of wild beasts; I'll eliminate war.  You'll chase out your enemies and defeat them... I'll give you my full attention: I'll make sure you prosper, make sure you grow in numbers, and keep my covenant with you in good working order... I'll set up my residence in your neighborhood; I won't avoid or shun you; I'll stroll through your streets.  I'll be your God; you'll be my people..." Leviticus 26:3-13, The Message

WOW - all this and all we have to do is be the kind of people that God wants us to be: loving, kind, honest, peaceful, hard-working, loyal, able, selfless, humble, giving, and devoted to Him.  My goodness, God is easy - we, the people, have really gone and made this life almost impossible.  Why?  Well, whatever our reasons, change begins with you and me.  So, one person at a time: it's time to get our lives back and live in freedom - live the way that God intended us to live in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment