Friday, May 8, 2015

Do you want blessings poured out on you? Here's how...

“Bring all the tithes (the whole tenth of your income) into the storehouse that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now by it, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the window of Heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” Malachi 3:10 AMP

It is so funny to me that so many people refuse to agree with this verse.  I’ve heard it said over and over, “Churches only want your money”, and  I extremely disagree with that comment.  To me, churches are following the Word of God by reminding/asking their congregation to give the first of all their income because the Word says so; they are abiding by the Word, and we as followers, should be abiding by the Word as well, giving our share to our place of fellowship.

Now I know there is always bad seeds in good places, but, unfortunately, that is the world we live in.  However, for the most part, churches are doing their best to protect the Word of God, share it with their congregation, and expand the cause for Christ.  Why can’t we help?  Why must we find every excuse in the book not to give?  Well, I know why, and it is because of one thing, and one thing only: selfishness! Period!  So, if you happen to be in the group that has every excuse in the book not to give, then maybe it is time to get real!  If anything, just be honest and admit your selfishness and then you can skip all the excuses and nonsense.  I do ask, however, if you don’t agree with giving to the church, won’t you please consider giving to a cause, (worthy of God’s blessing), your first ten percent? Not only will it help others, but I can guarantee it will soften your heart and fill you with such a deep, comforting, joy that can never be taken from you.  Finally, for those of you that give, and give with a joyous heart, I commend you.  I know how difficult it can be to give at times, especially in times of lack, so your help is worthy of recognition and appreciation – Thank you, and God bless!

God bless you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment