Thursday, February 19, 2015

Why commit this great evil?

“Why do you commit this great evil against yourselves… Why do you provoke Me to anger with the works (idols) of your own hands…?” Jeremiah 44:7,8 AMP

Let’s think about this?  Why do we sin, which is, in essence, committing evil?  Really, though, why?  All it does to ourselves, and, sometimes, other innocent victims involved, is cause trouble, produce hurt, and generate resentment, anger, and the like.  It is amazing to me how we can fall so easily when the consequences can be so severe.

For me, I can honestly answer that a lot of my sin is from wanting to be in control, and to avoid confrontation and/or hurt.  However, the more I think about it, the more I realize that when I’m in control, things end up in a mess; and when I try to avoid confrontation, it always comes back to smack me in the face, making the confrontation double of what it could have been.  What about you?  What makes you fall into sin easily?  Well, whatever it is, I think it is of the utmost importance that we seriously think before we speak and/or act.  
 
So, is sinning really worth the pain, hurt, resentment, anger, malice… evil?  I have to answer, “No!”.  Therefore, join me in taking more time to think about our actions, and our words; I honestly think that it will transition the world around us into a much more gentle, peaceful, loving; hence, God-like, place.

No comments:

Post a Comment