Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's time to stop talking about fear and starting talking about FREEDOM

I am perfect in CHRIST JESUS!

"...But in fact God has the parts in [my body], every [single] one of them, just as HE wants them to be..." 
 The Story, pg. 426


"...But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me is not without effect..."
The Story, pg. 427


As my 17 year old son gets closer and closer to his 18th birthday, and finding a girlfriend that he really adores, I find myself moving into a new chapter; change, which is one of my big signals to feel fight or flight; fear; the need to be in 'control' of something.  Well, the 'something' always ends up to be myself in these times.  As I get older and more deeply connected to Christ, I am now able to catch myself quicker (praise JESUS).  

These past few months have been an emotional roller coaster which has led me to controlling everything I am eating, exercising vigorously, and becoming fearful of certain foods.  These feelings are all too familiar for me, as it has been my pattern with my past downward spirals into anorexia and body image disorders; the fears of losing control. 

Those fears are quickly disappearing, and are easier for me to manage, thanks to my deeper relationship with God and my intense study of the Word. God has not made me to do this to myself. He has made me perfect in Him.  It really is a terrible feeling to know that we take His perfection and hurt ourselves.  As I realize how much it hurts Him and how much he loves me I realize how important it is that I stop living for me, and START living for Him.  

So, today is a brand new day, a new start.  It is time to live in freedom; God's freedom.  If we can take 1 step forward, God will help us to take 2 more.  Like +Joyce Meyer says, "If we can do what we can, He promises to do what we cannot." No more looking back. No wondering what will happen if we have to buy a bigger size; what others will think; the attention we may not get anymore; the loss of control of trying to make our own destinies.  We are to live for God's destiny for our lives.  Lets do it!!  Let's stop dragging ourselves down into a scary, dark pit.  It is time to LIVE!!! Really really LIVE!

Join me and let's live in FREEDOM together.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment