Saturday, November 30, 2013

I am not my own...

"...you are not your own, you have been bought for a price; So glorify God with your body."
1 Cor 6:19-20

God spoke this verse clearly to my heart this morning. WoW, I lived so long trying to glorify my own selfish self. The last thing I ever wanted to be was selfish, but this morning the Lord made me realize that a good portion of the past 42 years has been spent pursing what I wanted: perfection, popularity, outer beauty, obtaining more money and materials, being the perfect wife and mother, and on and on. I haven't really lived at all now that I think about it. The stress I placed on myself is downright outrageous. As much as I know I love the Lord I sure have had a funny way of showing it - heck, I've been so consumed living to please myself, how could I ever have any time to really live for the living God?

The freedom that is opening up within me is showing me so much about myself. It makes me smile to know that I am stepping into the true meaning of God's life for me. I'm not a bit ashamed of my past, and I am blessed that I have the Lord to show me how my way just isn't worth it.  Bringing peace, joy, love, hope, encouragement and inspiration to others is the way to go: the way to God.

If your realizing that life seems to be more complicated by your own personal rules and regulations, then join me in letting it all go.  Be joyful knowing that God is in control, He knows the foods that will nourish us, the rest we need to pursue His will, and the amount of exercise our bodies can take to stay alert and energetic for His call. So, let's start listening to Him as He directs our steps, our actions, they will get easier and easier everyday. Then, one day we can all look back and be thankful for the lessons learned, but relieved to know that without His guidance and insight we would still be living in a dark hole of self-bondage.

Freedom is the way and God is that FREEDOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment