Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving---Happy new day in Christ

What a wonderful day to start living in FREEDOM
 
"Stand firm then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."
The Story, pg. 431 
 
Have you ever sat yourself down and asked yourself, "What am I really afraid of? Why am I living in bondage (in legalism) over food, exercise, control...?"  I decided to pray about this question and here are the answers I came up with for myself:
     1. I might not get noticed by others about how 'disciplined' and 'fit' I am. (Funny, since being in this type of bondage is doing more damage than it is good.)
     2. I will feel ugly and won't feel 'superior' to those that won't exercise, or eat, like I do.
     3. I have nothing else to be in control of.
    4. I'll lose my, so-called, discipline.
     5. I'll become fat and flabby.
     6. I won't feel good about myself (funny, since I don't feel good about myself in the first place, otherwise I wouldn't do this damage to myself physically and mentally).
     
     I could go on with more and more, but it all leads to SELFISHNESS, and FEAR.  How terrible is that?  I feel like more of an idiot than I do anything else.
    Well, that was the purpose of my question to  myself.  When I realize my answers are so idiotic, I decide to write down what I will gain by letting go of the need to control my food, my calories, my exercise, etc.  Here is what I came up with:
     1. I can finally be the person I am truly meant to be
     2. People will be able to see me for my heart, my love, my selflessness; for the person I really want to be seen for.
     3. Those who love me unconditionally will shine through and I can remove those that want me in their lives if I live by their conditions.
    4. I will actually be: healthy, energetic, sexy, FREE!
     5. I'll learn to get to know me, and find joy in the real me.
     6. I won't put conditions on others.
     7. I will be able to love others in a new way.
     8. I'll finally be able to give up what others think about me...YAY YAY YAY!!
 
 WOW! My answers tell me one thing: I MIGHT ACTUALLY START LIVING!!! LIVING THE WAY GOD INTENDS ME TO LIVE...FREE
 
Today ask yourself the same question I asked myself.  Then, write down what could happen if you would just let go-let God.  After you are finished, close your journal (computer,  binder, notebook, phone...), and join me in being thankful for what is important in life, and feeling freer than you have felt in...forever!! It is time for us to do this.
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.  TAKE YOUR PERSONAL BEAUTY AND LET IT SHINE THROUGH YOU TODAY.  MAKE SOMEONE SMILE, AND KNOW THIS: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL JUST THE WAY YOU ARE (ON THE INSIDE)!! LET THAT INSIDE LIGHT SHOW OTHERS WHAT GOD IS DOING THROUGH YOU.
 
LOVE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY'S THIS THANKSGIVING DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment