Friday, November 29, 2013

"...but we also GLORY in our sufferings..."! It is time to celebrate our personal struggles...

"...but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope..."
The Story, (p. 435)

This morning I woke up with so much thankfulness in my heart for the wonderful family time yesterday.  What a blessing to have all of us together.  Looking at photos from the day made me realize how much I have to be joyful, and thankful for.  As I read my book and enjoyed my alone time with the Lord, this verse stood out so strongly.  Then, I re-read a few paragraphs, and the verse a few paragraphs below the one above read:

 "I believe that our present sufferings [fears, phobias, self/body image disorders, etc.,] are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." (p.435).

Those of us that have been suffering for endless years with whatever struggle(s) consumes us, can be joyful for the struggle(s); embrace them and let them shine!  God's glory shines brighter and brighter in those that feel like they're in endless struggle, but never give up.  Oh how freeing this is.  I am joyful, thankful, and glad that I have (an am) going through these internal, sometimes almost debilitating, self/body-struggle. It means that I have more and more holes for God to shine through for ALL the world to see.

Embrace your hurts and pains.  Let's all glorify God together and let our weaknesses and struggles shine through!!  God will glorify us in His time, so let's live NOW and show satan that he has no more control over us.

Love to all--God bless and enjoy your new day in FREEDOM.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment