Sunday, July 23, 2017

Eating, exercising, body disorders... all of the above?

"Don't waste your energy striving for perishable food like that.  Work for food that sticks with you, food that nourishes your lasting life, food the Son of Man provides.  He and what he does are guaranteed by God the Father to last." 
John 6:27 MSG

This isn't just a great verse for all of us to read, it is really a great verse for those of us suffering, struggling, or who have suffered and struggled in the past, with eating and/or body disorders.  

As one living the struggles of fitness and thinness on a daily basis, I find myself passionately searching out worldly foods and sources to keep me thin, making sure to stay on the fine line of never eating too much, and if I do, over-exercising later - in essence, punishing my flesh and my mind for making such a huge booboo.  Therefore, as I meditate on this verse, I am reminded that God is my nourishment, and if I passionately pursue him first, before worldly food and exercise, my mind and body will begin to heal and He will show and give me the nourishment I need; the nourishment in the now and the nourishment eternally.  

If anyone can relate, then join me on rededicating this part of your life to Christ.  Let's give him the lead on this, and let's see what happens.  Let's get serious and kick this addiction/disorder to the wayside with strength from Christ and use His authority and power to tromp it to ashes once and for all.  It is time!  

We can do this, we will do this!  
How?  
God - that's how!   

No comments:

Post a Comment