Friday, November 4, 2016

A message on Fear from Pastor Pete Vossler of Crosswinds Church Reno Nevada

This is a great Facebook post that I wanted to share:


"Fear always whispers “you’ll never be secure unless you get more.” I know that all of us have this thought many times. Our main desire is happiness, but we don’t know really what happiness looks like. Is it more money? Is it more time? Is it in the accumulation of things? How about the perfect relationship that we have made up, and looks like, in our mind? Happy people don’t follow money, or things, or relationships, they follow their God-given passion. On the outside there are people that look like they have it all: money, freedom, friends, and family, but do they have the one thing they want most-happiness? We have a tendency to look at the outward and make judgments on what we see. How do you know if you would not be horrified at the home life, alienated kids, a spouse who resented their obsession with work, and no time to kick back? Maybe you’re reading this and thinking “Yeah, but this doesn’t apply to me. In this situation I know I could be happy!” Money and things cannot buy happiness no matter what we try. The Apostle Paul explains it this way: “I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength” (Php 4: 11-13).When you peruse God’s purpose for your life; status, money, and things are only secondary. Your real status symbols are salvation, spiritual growth, a secure home, special friends, and the satisfaction of doing what God called you to do. 
Be blessed in His will for you today 
Pastor Pete"


Copied off of Facebook and written by +Pete Vossler, +Crosswinds Assembly of God, Reno, Nevada.  
Thank you Pastor Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment