Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Outside actions vs. the inside heart

“…I did not speak to your fathers… concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices.  But this thing I did command them: Listen and obey My voice, and I will be your God and you will be My people; and walk in the whole way that I command you, that it may be well with you.”
Jeramiah 7:22-23

Whatever outward actions you are doing to try an impress God (and probably people), please STOP!  Honestly, you are wasting your time.  God judges by the heart, and whether or not you listen to His callings, as well as, do what He is telling you to do.  Yes, you may be able to fool people, but there is absolutely no way in the world you can fool Him.  Therefore, make sure you have a right heart for God; listen when He speaks to you, and boldly, very boldly, do what He asks you to do.  Then, my friend, it will be well with you, and you will undoubtedly know that He IS your very precious God.

No comments:

Post a Comment