Saturday, October 28, 2017

God's living temple

"For God's temple is holy, and YOU are that temple." 
1 Corinthians 3:17b (NLT)

Remember that you and I are God's temples, not our own.  Therefore, you and I have absolutely no right to use, abuse, and dishonor it.  So, let's ask ourself these questions, and make the necessary changes to ensure that sure we are treating our physical and mental bodies as the temples they've been created to be:

Am I harming myself physically or mentally when I choose to engage in __________ ?

Would God approve of what I am doing or thinking right now?

Do I feel worthy of God's love?

Is what I am thinking in line with God's Word or is it in line with the world's views?

What positive steps can I make, in Christ, to change the unhealthy habits, hangups, and excuses that I have been holding on to, and believing, for so long?

Now it is time to go further and gets serious about changing some of the unhealthy, un-real, thoughts and actions.  So, take the first step and dig in - really dig in - to the Word of God and from there He will show and lead us to the answers and help we need.  
And, if it is any help, know that I will be working on the exact same thing.
God Bless




No comments:

Post a Comment