Monday, September 15, 2014

Want to know what sin does to the body? Read this!

Sin is horrid! It’s horrid for the body, mind, and soul.  Read these verses from Psalm 38, it gives just a small idea of how badly sin can affect a person:

3… there is no soundness in my bones because of my sin. 4 My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear. 6 I am bowed down and brought very low; all day long I go about mourning; 7 My back is filled with searing pain; there is no health in my body; 8 I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart… 10 my strength fails me; the light has gone from my eyes…

So, let’s consider the sin in our life and decide if living with all of this grief is actually worth it.  As for me, whatever it takes, until the day I die, I am going to make a point to rid all sin from me, and to do what it takes to keep from doing it anymore.  No, I won’t be perfect, but it’ll be great stepping stones toward Christ, and to be with Him is what it is really all about.

Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment