Monday, November 27, 2017

1 Peter 3:3-4New International Version (NIV)
“3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.”

Are you gentle and quiet or loud and obnoxious - Are your actions for man or for God?

I’ll have to say, although I hate to admit, many of my actions, words, and thoughts are so I can be accepted by man and/or to please my own flesh.  I have a big fear of being rejected, as well as the drive to be perfect in all that I endeavor upon.  However, I do have to say, I am a lot better than I used to be and growing stronger every day!  How about you?  Are you living for God, for man, or for your own flesh?

If you find you are spending your life trying to please anything or anyone but God, (like myself), then you are probably worn out and tired, (again, like me).  So, I know and believe that it is due time we give our flesh, our actions, and our words to God; it is time we let go of the heavy burdens we put on ourselves and begin to live in freedom and in His everlasting glory.  It is time for God to shine from within, allowing our beauty to shine and grow ever so brightly.  

Yes, my friends, it is time.  The time is now, and our days of wasting must come to an end…
Life is too short for the hassles anyway.

2.      Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment