Saturday, October 31, 2015

Examine your own work and conduct

"But let every person carefully scrutinize and examine and test his own conduct and his own work.  He can then have the personal satisfaction and joy of doing something commendable [in itself alone] without [resorting to] boastful comparison with his neighbor." Galatians 6:4 AMPC 

If you find that you spend a lot of time focusing on the faults of others, then some gear shifting is in order.  For instance, do you look down on those who make less than you?  Do you think of how your boss doesn't have a clue how to run his department?  Do you look down on those who are overweight, or underweight, don't wear nice clothing, or those that don't drive nice cars or live in nice homes?  The questions can go on and on, but what I'm really asking is, Do you spend more time thinking and worrying of what others are, or aren't doing, (or what others can, or cannot do),  or do you spend more time working with God to change you, and help strengthen your relationship with Him?  

Personally, I have many issues with comparing myself to others, but everyday, I get back up and start my day over with God, asking Him to change me and my thoughts, rather than to change anyone else; the more I do this, the easier life seems to get for me - I'm not living for the world, anymore, I'm now living everyday, more and more for God. 

If you haven't already, take my advice and start working on yourself, with the help of God.  Soon, you too will notice that the world seems to get easier and easier to deal with, you sleep better at night, and the truly important things in life because more and more special to you everyday.  Yes, we may have made some mistakes, but if we focus on God more and more in all things, then life just keeps getting better; life becomes something meaningful to live for, and our thoughts, actions, and mistakes will become learning experiences that will shine through with God's amazing glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment